Call for proposal : 1
Type of call for proposal: Competitive
Start date: 04.10.2022
Deadline for submission of application: 01.02.2023, (16.00 o’clock, Romanian local time).
The geographical area covered by the call for proposal:
- Romania: 3 counties-Timiş County, Caraş-Severin County, Mehedinţi County
- Republic of Serbia: 6 districts – Severnobanatski, Srednjebanatski, Južnobanatski, Braničevski, Borski, Podunavski
Priorities and specific objectives of the programme financed by the call for proposal:
P1 – Environmental protection and risk management
SO1-Enhancing protection and preservation of nature, biodiversity and green infrastructure, including in urban areas, and reducing all forms of pollution;
SO2-Promoting renewable energy in accordance with Directive (EU) 2018/2001, including the sustainability criteria set out therein;
SO3 – Promoting energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions;
SO4 – Promoting climate change adaptation and disaster risk prevention and resilience, taking into account ecosystem-based approaches.
PO2 – Social and economic development
SO1- Improving equal access to inclusive and quality services in education, training and life-long learning through developing accessible infrastructure, including by fostering resilience for distance and online education and training;
SO2- Ensuring equal access to health care and fostering resilience of health systems, including primary care, and promoting the transition from institutional to family-based and community-based care;
SO3 – Enhancing the role of culture and sustainable tourism in economic development, social inclusion and social innovation.
Type of eligible applicants:
Be non-profit making bodies and legally established according to the national legislation of the state on whose territory they are located;
❖ Be legally organized as:
• Regional and local public authorities/ bodies registered and functioning in the programme area (administrative-territorial units at the level of the county/municipality/ city/ commune);
• National/ provincial/ regional public authorities/ bodies/ organizations/ institutes functioning in the programme area;
• Other bodies governed by public law functioning in the programme area (e.g Prefectures, health care institutions, educational and research institutions, etc.);
• Offices/ branches of public national/regional authorities and other public bodies active on the themes of the priority in the programme area (registered and functioning in the programme area). If those offices/ branches which are functioning in the programme area are not legal bodies, the Application should be submitted by their Headquarters indicating the office/ branch responsible for implementing the activities;
• Public schools and other public educational institutions functioning in the programme area;
• Non–profit generating bodies (in the sense of art. 192, of Regulation (EU, Euratom) 2018/1046)6, including associations and business support organisations and NGOs, registered and functioning in the programme area;
• Religious organizations, legally established according to the national legislation in force registered and functioning in the programme area. In case the local branch of a religious organization located in the programme area is not a legal body, the Application should be submitted by their Headquarters indicating the local branch responsible for implementing the activities;
- Chambers of Commerce and accredited Regional Development Agencies functioning in the programme area;
- Museums, cultural, sports, and touristic institutions registered and functioning in the programme area;
Financial allocation for the call for proposal:
The amount allocated is 26,337,426 Euro (IPA funds), which is broken down as follows:
|Union support||Total funding*||Co-financing rate|
|Priority 1: Environmental protection and risk management||11,194,696||13,170,231||85%|
|Priority 2: Social and economic development||15,142,730||17,814,977||85%|
*Includes the contributions from state budgets, local budgets and contributions of partners from both countries.
This call for proposals targets only projects that will contribute to Priority 1: Environmental protection and risk management and Priority 2: Social and economic development.
The IPA contribution will be allocated for the reimbursement of eligible expenditure, duly justified and certified.
Within every single project, the IPA co-financing for each partner from the Republic of Serbia and Romania is 85% of the eligible budget for each partner.
New elements from the previous programming period 2014-2020
- New European Bauhaus initiative (beautiful, sustainable and inclusive) should guide the projects, as an element of context.
- Projects must dedicate at least 50% of their budget to investment activities: works, infrastructure, non-removable installations, fixed and intangible assets, new or renovated building, equipment and software, investments in access to services;
- Projects have to fall within the scope of the types of actions defined in the Programme, under each Specific Objective – The types of actions have been assessed as compatible with the DNSH (Do No Significant Harm) principle since they are not expected to have any significant negative environmental impact due to their nature;
- Extensive use of simplified cost options: project preparation and project closure costs as lump sums; Staff, Travel & accommodation, Office & administrative costs as flat rate;
- Only online application through JeMS (Joint electronic monitoring system).